Preparing for School Year of 2019-2020


                                                                                                                       
Dear Parents,

As a new school year draws near, I am excited to say that I will be with the same class this year as they progress to fourth grade. I truly enjoyed the group last year, and as we loop together this year I believe they will benefit from the relationship and constancy in learning that was established last year.

I would like to remind you that in the classroom, I have a genuine passion to teach children of any age, and I honestly do, "whatever it takes" to see my students succeed. It is my belief that every child is precious and deserving of a quality education in a culturally relevant and a secure surrounding in which knowledge can increase. I feel that all children are capable of learning, but do not always learn in the same way or at the same rate. Individuals learn in a variety of ways, and children deserve equal opportunities to learn through educational approaches that blend and stimulate all multiple intelligences found in the classroom population. It is my goal to provide an atmosphere where students feel comfortable to take risks by testing new ideas in a safe classroom environment, and develop to their fullest potential.

I am again confident that with your support, this can be another successful year for your child! Please take a few minutes to review the following page with some procedural information.
                                   
Weekly Communication: At the beginning of each week, I will be sending home a letter informing you of our weekly goals. As a result of this information, I am hoping we will become a team in your child’s education. 

Homework:  To give the class some time to settle back into a school routine, I will start sending weekly homework beginning the first week in September, Monday through Thursday nights. It will be practice and enrichment assignments to reinforce concepts presented in class.

I know that the supply list was posted on Facebook, but I am also including it here in case you did not see it.

Class Supply List:

· Water Bottle

· Scissors

· #2 Pencils  (about 36 will last through the school year)  

· Earbuds (that can be left at school)   

· Gym shoes (that remain at school)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 15

Week 5

Week 12